Grant money available for affordable housing properties in Virginia served by Washington Gas
Over one million dollars was recently allocated to fund the Virginia Low Income Energy Audit & Weatherization Program.
The money will provide multifamily properties energy saving measures, which can include but is not limited to:
- Customer Educational Materials
- Water Heater Tank Insulation
- Water Pipe Insulation
- Bathroom & Kitchen Faucet Aerators
- Weather-stripping & Door Sweeps
- Furnace Filter Installation & Replacements
- Duct Sealing
- Attic Insulation
- Furnace Clean & Tune
Up to about $1,500 per unit in capital improvements is available, completely funded by Washington Gas.
There is NO COST to the property owners or residents to receive these measures. To be eligible:
- A property must be classified as “affordable housing” (e.g, HUD / USDA / LIHTEC status) or two-thirds of the residents must be considered “income eligible” (based on AMI)
- Residents MUST have their own Washington Gas account
Washington Gas works with Community Housing Partners, a not-for-profit organization based in Virginia, to deliver this program to customers.
Zerodraft is an approved subcontractor implementing these services.
Please call us to discuss how your property can benefit: 410-321-5936 / 410-980-9774.
You may also email [email protected] for further explanation.
Please act quickly because the funding expires in April.
For additional information, please visit: