Zerodraft is pleased to announce a special grant available to owners/managers of affordable housing properties serviced by Delmarva Power.
Funding is available of up to $350,000/property, with minimal to no owner contribution required… but is expected to go fast!!
Property owners whose tenants receive their electric service from Delmarva Power may be able to receive no-cost weatherization upgrades to their properties, including:
- refrigerator and other appliance upgrades
- heat pump/air conditioning replacements
- LED lights
- duct wrap
- attic insulation
- and more!
The Delmarva Power Efficiency for Affordable Housing Program (EAHP) — funded by the EmPOWER Maryland surcharge paid by Delmarva customers — is available to any type of rental housing community (townhomes, garden style, etc.) as long as all units are owned by one owner.
Any unit (vacant or occupied) with an active account under the property’s name will be incentivized at 80% of the cost of the upgrades (as will any commercial accounts).
Energy-saving upgrades to units under tenant names are typically incentivized at 100% of cost so long as the electricity savings meet program savings thresholds.
Zerodraft Maryland, an approved Program Weatherization Contractor, can provide the service to properties which meet the following criteria:
- Tenants meet limited income requirements as deemed by the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) – the property will need to furnish proof of affordability and/or income documentation
- Property is approved to have work done through other assistance programs (MEEHA, LIEEP, MEA, etc.)
- Majority of property is individually metered and all completed work is done on active accounts only, and only for electric measures
- Total incentive paid by the EAHP grant cannot exceed $350,000 per property
For more information or to schedule a preliminary assessment, contact us at: